Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jahiliyya - but it looks so cool.

I must say that I respect perfection wherever it is - in a palace or slum and in virtue and vice. We do not know the reason why many talented, creative, and amazing people are not cognizant of of The Truth, but one thing is for certain: if Allah were to give them guidance, they would surpass most of us in many respects. This is both a warning and a motivator. The deen is not a right, it's a privilege - and guidance can manifest as spontaneously as it is removed. After all, several years ago, Imam Suhaib Webb might have DJed a similar gig as that which is posted below, may God preserve and increase him. If you watch this video, consider the amount of dedication it took to reach this level of skill (these are RockSteady and SuperCrew, two top-of-the-line bboy squads) and ask whether you exert yourself towards your chosen aims with as much effort as it took these guys to get to this stage. I guess it seems trivial, but that's what I see when I watch this.

That...and it's one of the flyest, coordinated battles I've ever seen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ayah said...

That's ill, man. Ill.

I think the same thing when I see people excelling at trivial things. I mean, when you see some woman in a ballet dance on the tips of her toes for like 3 hours, you think, if we all had that same dedication to Allah, we'd be a lot further than we are now. It doesn't have to be decidication to Him in form of prayer and duaa, but in furthering good causes, in helping the poor, in education people about Islam, etc. It's crazy to think how much time we waste on a daily basis. I'm ashamed to even think about the lack of stuff I do all day. I waste so much time. Really valuable time. What a shame.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Ayah said...

oh, and speaking of wasting time. Check this out. Highest voice ever recorded. It's so fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rujKXCGCwYw&mode=related&search=

7:12 PM  
Blogger Samira said...

oh, this might be a better waste of time (los hermanos Jorge de Salta Argentina certainly make "guitar lessons" seem obsolete...this is quite a humbling experience--and check out some of their other stuff with all three brothers playing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TviTCFAGr6w&NR

enjoy!

Yay pokemon

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home